Target Market Determination (TMD)
What’s a Target Market Determination?
A Target Market Determination is a document which describes who a product is appropriate for (target market), and any conditions around how the product can be distributed to customers.
It also describes the events or circumstances where we may need to review the Target Market Determination for a financial product.
Why does Mitsui Sumitomo need to have Target Market Determinations?
We’re required to have Target Market Determinations under the Treasury Laws Amendment (Design and Distribution Obligations and Product Intervention Powers) Act 2019.
This is to make sure we’re keeping customers at the centre of our approach to the design and distribution of our financial products.
Important information for entities or persons that engage in Retail Product Distribution Conduct in relation to Mitsui Sumitomo issued products.
Entities or persons engaging in Retail Product Distribution Conduct under the Product Design and Distribution Obligation laws (e.g. comparison websites who provide general advice in relation to products in scope of Product Design and Distribution Obligations) must report information outlined in Target Market Determinations within a specified timeframe to Product Issuers.
If you are looking to report information to Mitsui Sumitomo as outlined in our product Target Market Determinations, please contact or email any information to to discuss how to share this information with MSI.
Target Market Determination by products:
- Leased Motor Vehicle Insurance (Novated Lease)
- Leased Motor Vehicle Insurance (Operating Lease)
- Medipack M/S Premier Plus Medical Expenses Insurance
- Medipack M/S Super Plus Medical Expenses Insurance
- MSI Home Contents Insurance
- MSI Motor Vehicle Insurance
- MSI Commercial Motor Insurance Policy
- Medipack M/S Economy Medical Expenses Insurance
- Medipack M/S Basic Medical Expenses Insurance
- All Clear, Insure and Go and Tick Insurance
- Community Underwriting